A Sculpd Pottery Kit contains everything you'll need to sculpt, carve, paint, smooth and seal your own pinch pots, succulent plant pots, trinket dishes, vases, candle holders, sculptures, wall hangings, coasters, pendants and everything in between.
Every kit contains enough clay for 2 people. You can create 4 or more pinch pots or 2 larger plant pots with plenty left over for the finishing touches.
- 2kg Premium British Air-Dry Clay
- 20 Piece Step-By-Step Beginners Pottery Guide
- Pottery Carving, Shaping and Cutting Tools & Tool Bag
- White Acrylic Eggshell Paint
- Waterproof Glossy or Matte Varnish
- 2 Ultra Fine Bristle Paintbrushes
- Potter's Sponge for Smoothing
We use a premium air-drying clay that is soft, supple, easy to manipulate and dries a lovely light grey colour with a smooth surface making it a joy to paint on.
We've tested every air-dry clay we could get our fingers into, and this clay is hands down the best.
If stored unopened in the sealed bag the clay will last 3 - 6 months.
We’re very excited to have finally cracked the code on waterproofing air-dry clay!
At long last and with many iterations we have developed a brilliant waterproof varnish! Easy to apply, non streaky, non sticky and with amazing coverage.
How to use our varnish:
1. Wait for your piece to dry completely for a minimum of 2 - 3 days. It’s important your creation is bone dry before painting (very light in colour and hard to the touch).
2. Apply 2 generous coats of our white acrylic eggshell base layer on the inside, outside and base of your creation. Allow this to dry for a couple of hours.
3. Apply 2 generous coats of our ultra glossy or matte varnish on the inside, outside and base of your creation. Allow this to set completely overnight to ensure a waterproof finish.
And that’s all there is to it!
We won't go full clay geek on you, but creating with clay is a sensory experience that relaxes the mind by disconnecting our thoughts from the outside, allowing us to focus only on the material in our hands.
Expect a natural calming effect - it is an ancient technique that helps connect our minds with the earth through our hands, offering a much-needed break from our digital world. You're sure to love it :)
Trio of Cactus Pots
Footed Plant Pot
Choose between matte and gloss varnish
Both varnishes are water resistant, scratch proof and help to keep your creations looking their best long into the future.